Following Italian legislation (Art. 45 della legge del 18.6.1931 n° 773 ; G.U. 26.6.1940 n° 149, approvato con R.D. 6 maggio 1940, n° 635; G.U. 26-6-1940, n° 149 Suppl. ord.; art.5 della legge n° 36 del 21.02.1990), OUR SWORDS AND DAGGERS ARE NOT WEAPONS AS THEY AREN’T SHARP: they’re blunt, which means that they present a blunt edge and rounded tip.
At Malleus Martialis, we truly care about the quality of our products.
We give utmost attention to details, materials, assembling, and packaging to ensure the best possible outcome. However, creating training swords in the way we do involves a certain level of control, and sometimes, despite our best efforts, unforeseen challenges can arise.
When that happens, we are always here to help you resolve any issues that may have occurred due to our responsibility. We believe that making you happy is not just our priority, but also our duty.
This warranty does not cover for normal wear and tear, sharpening of the blade,
damage caused by misuse, lack of regular maintenance, or unskilled disassembly.
Any sword can break or fail if subjected to sufficient abuse.
Our warranty period lasts for 24 months from the date of delivery to the consumer, in accordance with European regulations.
Our warranty applies if the product fails to meet the acceptable standard for safe and common use during the exercise of the HEMA practice due to a manufacturing flaw.
We stand behind our products and will cover broken or not uniform parts; damaged blades after being used in a controlled sparring setting against a symmetrical blade, and other manufacturing flaws that prevent the consumer from using the product (e.g. improper heat treatment, evident misalignment of the assembled parts, cracked nuts & bolts, or misconstructed elements). Any issues with the blade must be reported within 30 calendar days from the delivery date.
We want you to get the most out of your purchases, but there are a few cases in which our warranty does not apply, including:
• Products without a sales receipt or invoice.
• Damage caused by accidents, negligence, abuse, or improper use.
• Damage resulting from normal wear and tear or deterioration due to use.
• Damage to the leather or cord wrapping caused by direct hits or crossguard loose or bent due to the same cause.
• Lack of appropriate or reasonable maintenance or corrosion.
• Damage resulting from unskilled assembly or disassembly.
• Modifications not recommended or approved in writing by Malleus Martialis that may damage the integrity of the product.
Issue reporting and shipping
If you need to report an issue that falls under the scope of our warranty, please just send us an email or fill out our form with the following information:
• Invoice date and number for the product (if you have a copy, you can attach it to the email or form)
• Product name or detailed specifications for custom items
• A description of the issue and the circumstances around when it happened
• Detailed pictures or videos that will help us better understand the issue at hand
We shall evaluate the defects and non-compliances notified, and:
• If the issue can be addressed using our remote support (including a direct video conversation with our technicians if necessary), and if the Consumer is satisfied, the ticket will be closed and the issue will be considered resolved.
If the issue concerns a Product/s purchased from our official partners, it must be reported to the official partner first in order to open a case.
• For Direct Consumers in the United States (anyone who purchased from the Online Store or our Customer service directly): In case of loosened parts or hilt breakages, we will connect you with our authorized repair center, in order to properly evaluate the defective product and fix it if compliant. The Consumer will be required to send the product to the repair center at their own expense.
Proof of purchase
Your proof of purchase arrives to you a few days after the payment confirmation, and it is necessary for the warranty process.
Need an extra copy of your purchase document?
Just email email@example.com and we’ll take care of it.
In the event that things don’t go as planned, we completely understand. That’s precisely why we have a 30-day warranty in place for order cancellations. All you need to do is reach out to us, return the product within 30 days of cancellation, and we’ll promptly process your refund. Please note that there may be deductions for any maintenance or repair expenses, if necessary.
Before purchasing our creations, you should only proceed if you’re either a performer/athlete who knows how to handle the items or a collector who won’t use them. It’s important to know that these products are built for training purposes, never as weapons, as stated above (Article 45 of the Law of 18.6.1931 No. 773; G.U. 26.6.1940 No. 149, approved by R.D. May 6, 1940, No. 635; G.U. 26-6-1940, No. 149 Suppl ord.; Article 5 of Law No. 36 of 21.02.1990).
Also, be aware that there’s a risk of getting hurt or damaging property when handling these goods. We can’t be held responsible for any injuries or damages caused during use. So, stay safe and hold them safely!
Below is our destinations map. Please note that if your country is not currently included in it, we encourage you to get in touch with us. In most cases, we can offer a custom quote tailored to your specific location.
In the event of operational issues affecting specific countries, we will promptly inform our customers about any limitations or prohibitions that may apply to their respective countries.
Customers from the UK: we are shipping the products to your location without any issues, but due to Brexit, customs fees and VAT will be charged as it’s considered an export operation.
Please note that in case any issues occur with the shipment of your parcel, we will notify you immediately.
ABOUT CUSTOMS FEES: If you order the product from outside of the European Union, the Customs Agency in your country may apply import fees and charge VAT on the parcel (if applicable). It is not possible for us to establish what the extra costs will be, however in our experience customs fees are on average between 20% and 25% of the product price.
Please note that all the import fees and VAT charges are to be paid by the Customer and are not eligible for a refund.
Shipping costs depend on the country, the dimensions and weight of the parcel and on the kind of service required. Also, every year the couriers which we rely on increase their pricing lists. Following, some examples of the starting prices:
•To Italy shipping starts from 20 €
•To Central Europe shipping starts between 30 and 40 €
•To US, Australia, New Zealand, Greater China and many Extra European destinations shipping is from 80 to 300 €, depending if it’s an economy or express shipment and on the weight and dimensions of the parcels
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE CUSTOMS AGENCY IN YOUR COUNTRY MAY CHARGE IMPORT FEES.
Our main shipping partners are BRT/DPD, UPS, DHL, and FedEx/TNT.
• We usually send a tracking link to constantly follow the delivery progress.
• For Europe, delivery times are between 1 and 4 working days.
• For UK and other Extra European destinations delivery may take up to 3 weeks with the economy shipment and 4 working days with the express shipment.
We accept several payment methods:
• Credit Card via Woocommerce Payments through Stripe
• Ordinary bank transfer
• Bank transfer via Wise.com
• Instalments via Smallpay through Stripe
• Pay by link via Stripe
• POS by SumUp
All payments over 1000€ need to be made exclusively via bank transfer (also available via Wise.com)
Our prices are declared on each product page and may be subject to change without restrictions at any time, following the market and inflation.
Nonetheless, we always strive to inform our followers about incoming changes via our social media channels on Facebook and Instagram, and via our newsletter.
VAT is not set before the checkout because we work with customers worldwide and every destination has its own VAT percentage or is VAT exempt in case of export.
In order to keep up to date with the developments at the company, please consider following us:
Deposit and instalments
• Stock Items: Payment is required in full after your order is confirmed. Once we receive confirmation of your payment, we’ll get your order shipped out to you as soon as possible.
• Sport Collection items: payment can be made in full or in monthly installments through our Smallpay service. The first payment is required within one week of your order confirmation.
• Armeria Collection items: a 150€ payment is required as a deposit for the design, which includes up to 2 reviews.
After the design is agreed upon, you can choose to pay in full or in installments for this collection. All Payments need to be made in full before shipping.
Please contact us to discuss other payment solutions
A quote and/or an invoice will always be issued and sent, and you can always ask for a further copy writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
We accept a certain amount of custom orders per year, and we would be honored to make your dreams come true.
-The Armeria Collection custom projects start from a completion time of 6 months from finalizing all the details of the project;
-each project is evaluated individually, and if we believe that a different artist would be more suitable for the project, we will recommend them to you. Each swordsmith has its own specialty, like chefs, so we prefer to accept challenging works only if it’s in line with our research;
-in case of extremely challenging and experimental projects, we may not be able to provide a precise date of completion, however, we will keep you up to date with the progress.
Currently, we have only one reseller in the US [hemasupplies.com] who has the exclusive for the United States of America. Nonetheless, we’re open to proposals for any other country and you can get in touch by writing to email@example.com