Following Italian legislation (Art. 45 della legge del 18.6.1931 n° 773 ; G.U. 26.6.1940 n° 149, approvato con R.D. 6 maggio 1940, n° 635; G.U. 26-6-1940, n° 149 Suppl. ord.; art.5 della legge n° 36 del 21.02.1990), OUR SWORDS AND DAGGERS ARE NOT WEAPONS AS THEY AREN’T SHARP: they’re blunt, which means that they present a blunt edge and rounded tip.
Malleus Martialis is truly committed with the quality of its products.
We always dedicate the highest attention to details, materials, assembling and packaging.
Nonetheless, creating training swords the way we do requires a high level of control and sometimes, despite all efforts, good old Murphy said: Anything that can go wrong, will.
When this happens, we will always help you to solve your problem when we’re responsible of it. Because making you happy is our responsibility too.
This warranty does not cover for normal wear and tear, sharpening of the blade, damage caused by misuse, lack of regular maintenance, or unskilled disassembly. Any sword can break or fail if subjected to sufficient abuse.
Our 1 year warranty covers:
• Against breakage, loosening parts, not uniform parts (e.g. a not uniform polishing, an evident misalignement of the assembled parts etc.) or grips that don’t fit the hand correctly and make the practice difficult
• If the blade is suffering from deep nicks after a controlled sparring, this is possibly caused by an unproper heat-treatment and this has to be declared within the first month of usage from the date of delivery
• When the loose parts are assembled by hot-peening construction
• Only in the case of loosening parts, if you live overseas, we recommend to find a skilled swordsmith nearby who can fix it, otherwise you can return it via postage at your expenses and we will fix it for free
Our 1 year warranty doesn’t cover:
• Breakage against excessive and uncontrolled heavy blows or against a heavier blade
• Inappropriate maintenance or lack of maintenance (nicks on the blade that haven’t been appropriately rounded off with a file, deep rust, unskilled straightening of the blade)
• Unskilled assembly of the dismountable swords
• Unskilled repair or alterations
• Structural modifications (e.g. sharpening, disassembly of hot-peened swords, etc.)
• Replaced parts, except if issues occur during the following 15 days from the date of delivery of the new parts
• In order to properly evaluate the conditions of the product, you have to send it back to us via postage at your expenses
• In the case of multiple products, each sword is examined individually, and we will give a separate response for each case
• Every part of the sword/dagger (including scabbard) has to be shipped, otherwise warranty won’t be applied
• For failures covered by Warranty (unproper heat-treatment or loosening parts), we will refund you the returning shipping up to 30,00 € in Europe and up to 50,00 € in the rest of the world
• If you live in the EU, your parcel can be shipped without concerns
• If you live outside EU, your parcel has to be shipped from the same country it was firstly shipped for customs reasons
• If you bought a Malleus’ item from a reseller or a shop, please don’t contact us but get in contact with them first, as they can provide the exact date of order, which is necessary to forward the request to us.
• If you bought the sword directly from us, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following info:
• Date and number of the invoice sent you by mail at the time of purchase (you can also attach it)
• Short description of the problem
• Photo closeup of the issue
We ship worldwide!
Unless the pandemic stops the parcels to leave due to safety reasons established by each government, we already shipped in many countries all around the world (e.g. USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Greater China, Singapore, South Korea among the others) and we are expert in managing export operations. We currently ship to UK too managing all the new BREXIT regulations. We’ll be constantly in touch with you if something irregular occurs during the transit of your parcel.
ABOUT CUSTOMS FEES: when dealing with shipping outside the EU the customs agency in your country may charge import fees.
Shipping costs depend on the country, the dimensions and weight of the parcel and on the kind of service required. Also, every year the couriers which we rely on increase their pricing lists. Following, some examples of the starting prices:
• To Italy shipping starts from 20 €
• To Central Europe shipping starts between 30 and 40 €
• To US, Australia, New Zealand, Greater China and many Extra European destinations shipping is from 80 to 300 €, depending if it’s an economy or express shipment and on the weight and dimensions of the parcels
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE CUSTOMS AGENCY IN YOUR COUNTRY MAY CHARGE IMPORT FEES.
Our shipping partners are Bartolini DPD, Poste Italiane, UPS and DHL.
• We usually send a tracking link to constantly follow the delivery progress.
• For Europe, delivery times are between 1 and 4 working days.
• For UK and other Extra European destinations delivery may take up to 3 weeks with the economy shipment and 4 working days with the express shipment.
We accept several payment methods:
• Bank Transfer
• GPay & ApplePay
• Credit or Debit Card
• POS through SumUP device
• Our prices are declared in each product page and we can change them without restrictions at any time, following the market and inflation. Nonetheless, we’ll always share a public notice when this occurs.
• Sport Collection items: the payment is always in full upon completion and it’s required before shipping. We will always send some photos of the work to ask for your approval.
• Armeria Collection items: 30% deposit to confirm the order and balance upon completion, always required before shipping. We will always send some photos of the work to ask for your approval.
• Only in particular and selected situations, we allow instalments. Contact us for further agreements.
A quote and/or an invoice will always be issued and sent, and you can always ask for a further copy writing to email@example.com.
We accept custom orders and we’re happy to make your dream come true.
The Armeria Collection custom works have an average completion time of 6 months.
Nonetheless, depending on the difficulty of the job, we always evaluate each request and if we think that the work is simply too much for us, we always recommend other colleagues.
Every swordmaker has its own specialty, like chefs, so we prefer to accept challenging works only if it’s in line with our research.
When the work is difficult but we are willing to challenge ourselves, we cannot give a precise date of completion, but we’ll always keep you up to date.
Payments are always splitted in a 30% deposit and balance upon completion, always required before shipping.
Currently, we have only one reseller in the US [hemasupplies.com] who has the exclusive for the United States of America.
Nonetheless we’re open to proposals for any other country and you can get in touch writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your sword is made with new and ancient technologies. Our work is in constant evolution: museums preserve treasures, our smithy recovers their memory.
We use a chrome vanadium spring steel, heat treated by a highly specialised company. Our swords are mainly made by hand stock removal, some parts are forged or shaped by hand-lathe. Details are filed, polished and refined with cure.
The difference between a standard and a custom sword is in the detail. Standard swords have predefined options, the custom ones are designed from rough, following and adapting the precise measurements of the originals to the customer’s request.
We’re sorry but no. As our disclaimer says, we are not authorized to craft sharp swords following the Italian Legislation.
Swords have a life cycle and following ancient anatomies they require a proper usage and respect. Nonetheless, we got your back! All our swords are covered by 1 year warranty, read more in the Warranty section.
Of course you can!
Reviews and feedbacks are the best way to improve. By the way, if you are not satisfied with your product, write us, because we’re always here to solve any problem. Rate our work on the Facebook page, follow us on Instagram and Tumblr, publish posts on your blog, make videos: everything’s welcome.
Yes, we do! Contact us for your custom gift card at email@example.com
Yes, we do! Our WE ❤ HEMA Fidelity Program is specially designed to fit the fencing clubs’ need of fencing gear in the shortest times possible. You can choose from the IN STOCK list or from the UPCOMING list or simply place an order. We are part of the HEMA community as fencers and researchers, and as we know well, the need of fencing gear is always growing. If you belong to a club practicing historical european martial arts, we will be glad to help. Visit our WE ❤ HEMA page and then get in touch with us for further information writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. We only require to be in contact with a single person who’s responsible for the whole order and communication process.